Thursday 3 August 2017

Day in a Life of MISS

Inspired by the sorrow story of Jason Porter, through the eyes of Miss (my border collie)


Photo by: Clare Wilkinson
I woke up this morning to a strange sound, it was like a horrible ruffling sound, like someone trying to sleep with a blocked nose and a raspy throat in the night. As I opened my eyes there she was staring at me. Her eyes looked as though they could pop out of her head any second due to the amount of excitement she held within her petite body. She was always a happy soul; you know like one of those ones who would get excited over the rain, or a bird flying past or even a butterfly in the back yard. But this time my best mate Honey had come to tell me that she had found an ant, like really, an ant! Who cares about an ant! Small things amuse small minds I guess.


As I stretched my body out and slowly rose out of my comfortable blue kennel my bones ached as I rose to my four paws, just so I could go see what all this fuss was about. Just as I had suspected, nothing! It was all the same as the day before, Honey was chasing small animals out of the yard (she thinks that she is the protector) and the new girl Nikki was trying to catch her tail. I don’t quite know why I was chosen to be in this yard, I mean I’m a border collie, a dog that is made to work in sheep yards and the hot sun. Not to be pestered by two annoying animals that wouldn’t even know the difference from a cow to a sheep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment